With Music Together® Outdoor/Online, you’ll have access to the same high-quality music and movement curriculum loved by millions of families and teachers around the world— both in-person outdoors, or from home!
Like all of our classes, Music Together Outdoor/Online is designed to teach the way young children learn: through play. During each music class, (whether outdoors or online) your beloved Music Together teacher will lead music activities for the whole family to sing, play, and jam along to and show you how to turn everyday items like dish towels, pots, and stuffies into musical props. Each class will be designed as an active music-making experience for you and your little one to connect through music. Bring your instruments to class, and let us lead you and your family through 35 - 45 minutes of singing, dancing, and jamming with your musical community.
Classes are appropriate for children under 5, but the entire family is welcome (and encouraged!) to participate in the musical fun.
Winter Outdoor/Online Mixed-Ages Classes Include:
- 10 weekly classes (January 4 - March 20), of either 35 minute outdoor (weather dependent), socially distanced classes (maximum 9 families) or 35 minute online classes
- Access to our private Facebook group offering weekly mini Facebook live classes, plus bonus events, resources and video content
All NEW music from the Bells Collection songbook and CD including a digital music download code (inside your songbook) that can be used to download the music to your free Hello Everybody App or your MusicTogether.com account
Access to the MTofKW Family Portal offering bonus video content, downloadable music activities and colouring pages to go with each song collection
Access to musical games and activities on the Music Together Family Zone at www.MusicTogether.com or the Hello Everybody App
Please note - Classes will be moved online to Zoom if the forecast is calling for weather that is too cold, windy or wet to be enjoyable. We'll post any changes to our webpage, and Facebook Group at least one hour prior to the the start of class. If we're able, we'll also send an email.
Outdoor Class Safety Guidelines
- Bring sticks, shakers, scarves and instruments for you and your child to make some music with. Home-made and kitchen jam instruments are welcome!
- Bring a waterproof ground cover and blanket to sit on
- Place your blanket on an assigned spot. If children wander away, please redirect them if they will come in contact with other families. Feel free to scoop them up and dance on your blanket at any time or walk away from the circle and sing from a distance if children need to move around. If your child leaves your space, follow them and enjoy the fact that you can still sing along with your community and we'll do our best keeping a safe 2 meter/6 foot distance from other families
- You are welcome to wear a mask - please don't feel shy. Since we are outside, we will leave this decision up to each family
- Use the bathroom before you arrive. Only our Christ Lutheran location has washroom access
- Let's sing, dance, and have some fun!!
Questions? Contact Jodie Fera, Director I 519-572-1314 I firstname.lastname@example.org I musictogetherofkw.com